Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Poetry in the desert

I took a break from Jerusalem cats
went to hear some soul words
colored like bright purple saffron flowers in October
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
like a fisherman I caught the words
All your life
You were only waiting
For this moment to arrive
in the evening skies I dragged the words around
Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
I felt like spooning one more life
real food that I might eat
All your life
You were only waiting

thanks to "The Poetry of Surprise": a writing workshop in English
Workshop leader: Poet Lisa Katz

1 comment:

Miriam Woelke said...

B"H

Hi Gili,

I still think that your comment below gives the impression that not YOU wrote the poem but someone from the workshop.

However, because I know that YOU wrote it and want to tell you: KOL HAKAVOD !!!

Shabbat Shalom
Miriam